Space Information Sharing and Analysis Center
Effective Date: February 9, 2021
The Space Information Sharing and Analysis Center (“Space ISAC” or “we”) is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association that is a resource for compiling information on cyber threats and risks to the security of space assets and for addressing the exploitations by adversaries that are directed against and occur within the space industry. The Space ISAC operates the website located at https://s-isac.org/ (the “Website”) and offers a variety of services (such as Space ISAC membership), features and applications (such as the Information Sharing Platform (“ISP”), the Member Portal, and our mobile applications, such as SLACK), and content (such as training sessions, workshops, conferences, and webinars) (collectively, the “Services”).
I. What Personal Information is Collected?
The Space ISAC may collect the following Personal Information when Users visit or use the Website or the Services or provide information to us offline.
1. Personal Information Users Provide to Us
The Space ISAC collects Personal Information that is voluntarily provided by Users. This may happen in several ways.
- Sign Up for Communications. Users may provide us with Personal Information when Users sign up for the Space ISAC newsletter or other communications from the Space ISAC. Such information may include, but not be limited to, the User’s name, company or organizational affiliation, location, e-mail address, and phone number(s).
- Sign Up for Membership. Users may provide us with Personal Information when Users sign up to be a member of the Space ISAC, including when Users register for our Member Portal. Such information may include, but not be limited to, the User’s name, e-mail address, street address, and telephone number(s).
- Sign Up for Events. Users may provide us with Personal Information when Users sign up for our events, such as training sessions, workshops, conferences, and webinars, either through our Website, through our service providers (such as Eventbrite), or offline. Such information may include but not be limited to, the User’s name, e-mail address, street address, and telephone number(s).
- Contact Us. Users may provide us with Personal Information when Users contact us directly with the User’s inquiries or provide us with feedback (such as through the Contact Us section of our Website).
- Submit Cyber Threat Information. Users may provide us with limited Personal Information in connection with the User’s submission of cyber threat information to us. Such information may include, but not be limited to, the User’s name, e-mail address, street address, and telephone number(s)..
2. Information We Collect from Users’ Browser and Device
If Users visit the Website, Space ISAC may automatically collect certain information such as:
- the activity of the User’s browser when the User is viewing the Website;
- the User’s site path during the User’s visit to the Website;
- demographic data; and
- the amount of time the User spends on the Website.
II. How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use Users’ Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide the Website and the Services
- to provide the Space ISAC newsletter or other communications
- to contact Users in response to the User’s inquiries, comments and suggestions
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered
- to communicate with Users regarding our Products and Services
- to comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities
- in connection with pending litigation
- in connection with a merger, divestiture, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred
- to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity
- to protect and defend the rights or property of the Space ISAC or its members
- to improve the Website and the Services, including to debug, identify, and repair errors in the Website and the Services
If Users sign up for membership or are a member of the Space ISAC, we may also use the User’s Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to determine and vet the User’s eligibility for membership
- to communicate with Users regarding alerts, indicators, member insights, threat assessments, and analysis
III. How Do We Share Personal Information?
- We may share Users’ Personal Information with the following third parties:
- With our vendors and service providers who are providing services on our behalf (such as Eventbrite, MailChimp, and others)
- With our vetting agencies
- With third parties in connection with the uses described in Section II above, such as with government or regulatory authorities in order to comply with laws
- With third parties in connection with intelligence-sharing of classified information or information requiring security clearance; these third parties include but may not be limited to Department of Defense agencies, the Department of Homeland Security or other United States government agencies, defense and other contractors.
IV. Third-Party Websites
V. E-mail Communications
If a User is signed up to receive newsletters or to other mailing lists from Space ISAC, the User may, at any time, inform us that the User does not want Space ISAC to send the User such communications by opting-out using the link in the bottom of each email. After opting-out, the User will no longer receive the mailing list from which the User opted out but may continue to receive other messages, such as cyber threat alerts if the User is a member.
VI. Storage and Transfer of Personal Information
Space ISAC is located in the United States. If a User provides the User’s Personal Information to us, please note that the User is doing so on the basis that the User explicitly consents to the transfer of the User’s data to the United States. Please do not provide Personal Information to
Space ISAC if the User does not want this information to be transferred to the United States or if the laws in the User’s country restrict these types of transfers.
VII. Data Security
Space ISAC is committed to maintaining the security of the data Users provide us. However, please note that there is always some risk in transmitting information over the Internet. When Users use the Website, Users’ communications may be intercepted by others. For this reason, Space ISAC cannot guarantee the security and privacy of wireless transmissions or transmissions via the Internet, and we will not be liable for any lack of security relating to the use of the Website by Users. Each User agrees that User will not hold the Space ISAC liable for any damages resulting from any loss of privacy or security occurring in connection with any communications over such networks.
VIII. Third-Party Analytics Providers; Google Analytics
We work with third-party analytics service providers, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and MailChimp, to help us better understand how the User uses our Website.
For example, we use Google Analytics to learn more about the types of users that visit our Website and to help improve our Website. Google Analytics provides us with certain data regarding the demographics of the users that visit our Website. To provide this service, Google Analytics may collect certain information about the User from the User computer, including but not limited to: information regarding the User’s visit (such as the pages Users visit and the length of the User’s visit), information about the User’s device (such as the User’s IP address), how the User got to our Website, and other information about the User. Users can learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data (including how to control the information sent to Google) by visiting: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Users can opt-out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/, or by disabling cookies on the User’s browser. IX. Browser Do Not Track Signals
Certain browsers may provide a do-not-track (“DNT”) option. The Space ISAC Website currently does not respond to browser DNT signals.
XI. Contact Us