Webinars & Events
Join Space ISAC and Our Partners for these Upcoming Events
CMMC Webinar Series #2
12 pm MST, February 24th, 2021 | Virtual Event
The second edition of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification webinar series is a conversation about CMMC’s impact on small to medium sized businesses, start-ups and emerging technology organizations, and insights that larger, more established members of the space community can provide to help these organizations prepare for CMMC implementation.
We’re joined once again by Justin Padilla, Director of Cybersecurity Services and Cole French, Manager of Cybersecurity Services for Kratos Defense and Security Solutions, and Christopher Smith, Principal, Commercial Cyber Practice at Booz Allen Hamilton. Additionally, we’re joined by Brian Klenke, CISO of Booz Allen Hamilton, and Benjamin Diggles, Co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer of Constellation Network.
Following the success of part one, this webinar is ensured to be a great event, and will provide important insights for organizations of all sizes! Spots are limited, register now!
NIST Resources Webinar
12 pm MST, February 24th, 2021 | Virtual Event
Space ISAC is excited to present the NIST Resources webinar with Dr. Ronald Ross, NIST Fellow. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) was founded in 1901 and part of the U.S. Department of Commerce. NIST is one of the nation’s oldest physical science laboratories.
Dr. Ross heads the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) Implementation Project, which includes the development of security standards and guidelines for the federal government, contractors, and the United States critical infrastructure. His focus areas include cybersecurity, systems security engineering, and risk management.
Dr. Ross shared his presentation titled Securing Space Systems and Assets: The Need for Multidimensional Protection in the 21st Century. Information about these resources and how to utilize them is sure to prove valuable to your organization, you don’t want to miss this great talk!
CMMC Webinar Series
Part 1: 12 pm MST, January 27th, 2021 | Virtual Event
Join us on 27 January at 12 PM MST for the first installment of our Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) webinar series. Featured speakers include
- General Chris Bogdan, Executive Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Christopher Smith, Principal, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Justin Padilla, Director, Cybersecurity Services, Kratos Defense
- Cole French, Manager, Cybersecurity Services, Kratos Defense
- Moderator: Erin Miller, Executive Director, Space ISAC
Topics speakers will cover:
- What CMMC’s impact has been so far
- How it will impact the space community going forward
- What your organization needs to think about to adapt to these changes
This webinar series is sure to be a valuable resource to learn about the latest developments in CMMC, the realities of its impact on the space landscape and what members of the space industry need to know about about the certification.
Executive Tabletop Exercise at AIAA ASCEND
2 pm MST, November 16th, 2020 | Virtual Event
Join Space ISAC at AIAA ASCEND for an Executive Virtual Tabletop exercise! See the situation play out, and be there for a first-hand demonstration of the value of collaboration and information sharing in the space community!
Woomera Space Law Manual (MEMBERS ONLY EVENT)
October 20, 2020 | Virtual Event
Virtual Panel on Woomera International Space Law Manual
- Moderator: David Simon, Partner, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Practice, Woomera Space Law Manual Virtual Panel (Members Only)
- When: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM in (UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada).
- Panelist Experts from the Woomera Space Law Manuel
- Jack Beard, Associate Professor of Law and Co-Director, Space, Cyber, and Telecom Law Program, University of Nebraska College of Law; former Associate Deputy General Counsel, DoD Office of General Counsel
- Melissa de Zwart, Space Industry Association of Australia and Dean of Law and Head of School, Adelaide Law School, University of Adelaide
- Renn Gade, General Counsel, US Defense Intelligence Agency
The Value of Space Summit
October 15-16, 2020 | Virtual Event
Space Information Sharing and Analysis Center (Space ISAC) and Aerospace Corporation are hosting a 2-day summit, the Value of Space, focusing on the importance of space critical infrastructure to people living on Earth now and in the future. This community event brings the public and private sector together to discuss critical infrastructure protection for the space sector from a variety of perspectives.
On Day 1 we will dialogue with stakeholders from the U.S. Government, international partners, industry members, and ISACs to answer questions about what space critical infrastructure needs protection, how other sectors are using space assets, and to discuss emerging threats to space. The Center for Space Policy and Strategy paper will help inform the discussion. On Day 2 we will review policies and legislation being pursued globally to secure the space mission.
The objective of the Space ISAC is to bring the global space together to identify and respond to threats and provide timely, actionable information to the entire space sector. Through this event we want to promote awareness of Space ISAC, increase the likelihood that space infrastructure in protected through reduced risk and active information sharing.