Education and Training
A Systematic Approach using the SPAce Domain Cybersecurity (SpaDoCs) Framework
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Gain a holistic understanding of cybersecurity challenges in the space domain through the SpaDoCs Framework.
- Define key objectives of cybersecurity and the first principles of secure systems.
- Identify cyber threats and vulnerabilities specific to space missions and systems.
- Explore the layers of the space domain and their components.
- Apply cybersecurity principles to address space domain threats and vulnerabilities.
- Analyze attack vectors for various space domain scenarios at each layer.
- Formulate cybersecurity assessment plans for specific space domain scenarios.
- Framework Overview
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals
- Space Domain Layers: Enterprise, Mission, System, and DevOps Layers
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- First Principles of Cybersecurity in the Space Domain
- Enablers of Security and Mission Success in Space Enterprises
9:00am - 4:00pm MDT, August 23rd - 25th
Join us for a comprehensive 3-day Space Domain Cybersecurity course organized around the SPAce Domain Cybersecurity (SpaDoCs) Framework. This course is designed to equip cybersecurity and space professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and maintain a secure cyber environment throughout the space mission lifecycle. From understanding key cybersecurity objectives to exploring threats and vulnerabilities at each layer of the space domain, participants will gain practical insights and learn how to apply cybersecurity principles to real-world space mission scenarios.
Who Should Attend:
Cybersecurity professionals seeking a deeper understanding of the space domain. Space professionals interested in enhancing their knowledge of cybersecurity.
Participants will receive a complete set of course notes containing all presentation slides used throughout the training.
Join us for this insightful training that bridges the gap between cybersecurity and the space domain. Enhance your skills and knowledge to safeguard space missions and systems effectively.
MITRE ATT&CK DEFENDER (MAD)
MITRE ATT&CK Training With Cybrary
Using ATT&CK For Cyber Threat Intelligence Training
MITRE Ten Strategies of a World-Class Cybersecurity Operations Center
CISA Releases Best Practices for Mapping to MITRE ATT&CK
Cyber For Executives presented by the National Cybersecurity Center
Available for $995
Secure GPS for Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources, Presented by Steve Lewis, Logan Maynard and Lisa Perdue
Available for $49
Introduction to Space Communications ECE 5965/4965
Space communications has numerous applications such as space exploration, air defense, environmental and climate monitoring, and mobile broadband connectivity for remote areas. The focus of this course is to introduce basic principles of space communications.
Download the Syllabus below for a full course description and helpful resources on Python, MATLAB, Overleaf, Jupyter Notebook and more!
Purdue University Cyber Apprenticeship Program (PCAP)
In the Purdue Cyber Apprenticeship Program, you work for an employer that pays for your education while you gain paid industry experience and training. When you complete the program, you will have earned an associate degree in IT, a Bachelor of Science degree in computer and information science majoring in cybersecurity, or a Master of Science in cybersecurity and trusted systems. Additionally, you will have opportunities to sit for various industry recognized certifications, earn other specialty certificates, and earn a Purdue Leadership Academy certificate—all without accumulating student debt and while earning a paycheck.